Now I think that it was pretty obvious today that the heat (around 80 degrees) was like something we have seemingly never experienced, now that we live in the lovely -but chilly- Happy Valley. I never thought that I would be living in a place where I knew about the predicted temperature 3 days prior, or that everyone would be talking about it. Sunday night around 11:30 pm, I checked the weather forecast for one last time. It was still predicting Monday to be sunny and 80. THIS WAS A MIRACLE. For once I was actually excited to get up for class this morning because I knew that my first step outside would bring warmth and joy. I don't know about the rest of you, but for my first summer-like day I planned to fully commit. Here is my list of things to do when you haven't felt true warmth (other than Penn State's blasting radiators) in more than 6 months.
Step 1: Wake up about 30 minutes earlier than usual, for the pure bliss of being alive and healthy... Because for some reason I am more thankful to be alive when I am warm.
Step 2: Shower and apply make up as if I will be seen by someone I actually want to impress... Don't act like you look your best for a day that you have one class with a professor and people that you do not in any way strive to impress.
Step 3: Wear a sun-dress. (sorry guys but this one is for the ladies) If you didn't wear some sort of dress or summery skirt today, you know you wanted to.
Step 4: Use earthy canvas bag instead of black jansport backpack... because the beautiful sun does not deserve to be blinded by my dark depressing backpack.
Step 5: While walking to your one and only class of the day, text your best friend hoping they aren't busy and opt to skip class to have lunch with them. Sorry but it had to be done. I mean really IT WAS 80 DEGREES OUT.
Step 6: After eating a salad and iced tea (because warmth makes me want to be healthy) spend next 3 hours laying in the grass somewhere doing homework... fine I read magazines, but I did try at first.
Step 7: Go back to dorm and sleep for 2 hours to regain strength since body forgot what touch of sunlight felt like and is now having dehydrational breakdown.
Step 8: Check the forecast for tomorrow and cringe at the drop in temperature.
Step 9: Stumbleupon/ Pinterest pictures of warm places, bikinis, and summer foods.
Step 10: Write blog to reiterate how badly I need another day like today, and soon!
Hope you enjoyed my post.
What did everyone else do on this beautiful day?



The nice weather we had that day was great. It sure beat the snow and cold that we had today. I think I threw a baseball around that day, and it really made me look forward to summer. I think we're all definitely ready for more days like that to come.
ReplyDeleteDiana, this post is the cutest! I was so excited about today's weather since it's been raining and snowing these past couple days. I love that you change things up in what you wear when it's nice out! I tend to try a little more when the weather's nice out. I laid around all day in the grass that day! I also love putting in my ipod and listening to summery soundtracks and tanning out in the sun. Loved reading your post! Definitely agree with every step.
ReplyDeleteThis post made me smile because you rightly described what I did that day as well. I think the nice weather always makes me more excited because I can finally wear the clothes that I've had hiding in the back of my closet because its always too cold to wear them. I think I played basketball and soccer that day. It was so much fun. I am so excited for the summer.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the warm weather so much more than the snow. I'm not exactly sure what I did that one particular day but I do remember being outside with some of my friends. The warm weather we have been having really gets me excited for the summer.
ReplyDelete