Monday, April 30, 2012

Post #8 Lion Tutors to the Rescue!

I am currently taking a break from studying for Econ 102 with Dirk Mateer to write this blog post about the lovely lion tutors. I was excited when I heard that Dirk Mateer was the best Economics professor at Penn State and that he made class fun and interactive. Over time I learned that this is definitely true. Dirk took more time than I have yet to see any college professor take to prepare an engaging and exciting lesson plan for each and every class. He plays pump up music with lyrics having to do with Econ at the start of each class, refers to our points in class as dollars that we must earn, provides a note packet that we simply need to fill out in a few places, plays tons of games and has polls to reiterate lesson, and overall seems to be very happy to teach us twice a week.
With all that said, how come I still struggled to stay awake and pay attention in class? My class started at 9:45, which in high school would have been a blessing, but now seems difficult and early. I feel bad that the day before the exam I had to go to a lion tutor study session because I didn't appreciate Dirk's teaching to the fullest. Nonetheless, that was the case and lion tutors did not disappoint. Although I had never used them before and the $40 fee seemed a bit high, I think that it was well worth the money.
I received a 40 page notes and review packet that the tutor spent 4 hours going over, with examples of course. In addition to that I got a packet of practice questions with answers and detailed explanations. I'm happy that I decided to use lion tutors because they just may be the difference between me receiving and A or B in the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment