Last weekend my mom came to visit for my cheerleading banquet. While she was getting ready to leave she teared up (of course) and said "I can't wait for you to be home in 2 weeks." With out a pause I replied "I am home." She laughed and told me that no this is not my home, this is my school and my home is with my family. Not wanting to start anything, I replied that I was just joking of course.
Why I said that I don't really know...
Penn State is where my heart is. I know it is corny and when I decided to come to Penn State I thought that the amount of love people had for this school was silly, but after just 9 months I completely understand. When you come to Penn State you become a part of something magical and you can't help but be overwhelmed with pride. Not pride because this is such a great place, but pride because you found a place to somehow love you as much as you love it. Penn State would be nothing without its students, faculty, and alumni.
This was a rocky year for Penn State with out a doubt. From scandals to riots to our beloved Pa passing on, we stood strong. Together we have created a huge 40,000 person family and a true home away from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment