It has been a while since I really learned
something new and as popular as it is, I have just recently become a Pinner!
(That is what I am choosing to define myself as when using Pinterest, but if
you have any better suggestions PLEASE offer them up)
For those of you who are even farther behind the
trend than myself, here's a short description:
Pinterest is a pinboard-styled social photo sharing
website. The service allows users to create and manage theme-based image
collections. The site's mission statement is to "connect everyone in the
world through the 'things' they find interesting."
For the past few days I have been pinning away as a replacement to doing
my homework. From the looks of my Pinterest board, I have prioritized
looking at pictures of baby animals, interesting hairstyles, pretty nature
scenes, and clothing over my other daily tasks. I am hoping that with time the
allure of this website will slowly diminish and I can cut back a bit on the
time that I have been wasting on it.
Here is a link to my pinterest, http://pinterest.com/dianac5240/pins/
I’m not sure if you can look at it without an account but either way I
will continue to explain a little bit about my pinterest board.
You will see that my different categories are “Can’t look away” which
consists of things that I can’t look away from, this category has accidentally
evolved into my baby animal picture collection, “Things I want to make” which
is recipes that look delicious, “Favorite Places and Spaces” which is pictures
of nature or beautiful home spaces, “Projects” which has hairstyles and DIY
crafts that I would like to try, “Products I love” which at the moment consists
of super Gucci little shot glasses, and “Motivational” which shows quotes and
pictures that lift my spirits and motivate me to push forward.
Most of the things I am looking at or pinning are the simple things in
life that we forget to appreciate, something sweet that just makes you smile,
bright colors, pretty pictures, projects you may want to try, or goals to set
for yourself.
Pinterest is the perfect website for a little pick me up to boost your
day. I encourage everyone to check it out for them selves. There are tons of
different topics and interests that you can look at to fit your personality.
Also I just discovered that I can follow people who’s posts I like so that I
will see more of their pins and they can follow me in return, how exciting!
If you are interested in this and decide to make an account, let me know
how it goes and what you think about it. I would also love to know what topics
you are following and the categories (or boards as they call them) that you
decide to create.
Hopefully this gives everyone a new way to procrastinate doing homework
and other important chores!

Diana, this website called Pinterest sounds so cool! It seems to be a mixture of tumblr and stumbleupon, which I both love! I am nothing close to being a professional photographer and neither can I take pictures like one and so during my free time, I'll upload pictures that I love on the internet onto my tumblr. I will definitely have to make an account for Pinterest.
ReplyDelete